Sweet Potato Toast
Sweet Potato Toast (savory, spicy and sweet)
Total time: 35 minutes (cook time: 30 minutes)
1 sweet potato
Avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- Preheat the oven for 400 F.
- Wash and dry your sweet potato. With skin on, slice sweet potato lengthwise about ¼ inch each.
- Arrange the slices on a baking sheet and lightly coat both sides with oil.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for about 10 more minutes. The edges will start to brown, but you don’t want them to burn.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a plate and add desired toppings. Sprinkle with sea salt as needed.
Cucumber, smoked salmon, capers, pinch of coarse sea salt
Avocado and local kimchi from the Brinery, a pinch of coarse sea salt
Almond butter, banana, and cacao nibs, a pinch of coarse sea salt
Other fun ideas:
Yogurt, berries, and a drizzle of almond butter, coconut butter, or crushed pecans
Poached egg, tomato, onion and chopped herbs
Avocado, arugula and prosciutto
Pesto, tomato, ricotta
** Meal Prep Tip: Make a few batches of the potato toasts at the beginning of the week and freeze individually so you can grab one, toast it, top it, and go. These are great for an easy weekday breakfast.